Za'atar Spiced Chickpea and Kale Salad
This warm salad is delicious, perfect for a quick and easy lunch.
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups of fresh kale, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon SpiceMiss Za’atar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- Salt to taste
- Put a cooking pot on the stove and turn on the heat to low.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil and crushed garlic in the pot. Let it heat slowly until the garlic turns golden and you start smelling garlic, which will take about 1 minute. Make sure not to burn the garlic.
- Add the chickpeas to the pot and stir everything to combine the ingredients and let the oil coat the chickpeas. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of water if necessary.
- After the chickpeas are heated, add the chopped kale to the pot. Mix together and cover the pot. Let it wilt down for a couple of minutes.
- Next add cayenne powder and salt according to your taste. Cover the pot again and let it cook for 2 more minutes.
- After the chickpeas are cooked and the kale is softened, add the za’atar to the mixture. Combine everything and turn off the heat. Serve warm!
Lots of Kale!